Installing the Zoom Client
Creating a Zoom Account
If you do not have a Zoom Account, go to the Zoom.Us Homepage and:
- Click on the Sign-Up, It's Free button
- Click the Sign-In With Google button and Choose your BHMS Google account or enter your BHMS Email address.
- Click on the Create Account button to create an account with your BHMS Google Email Account
Prior to using Zoom for the first time, you should be sure to download the software and install it on your computer. To install the software you man need administrator permission (students please ask your parent for help with this step if necessary).
After installation, you will need to enable permissions for Zoom to function properly. Follow the instructions below
Permissions for the Zoom Desktop Client
The Zoom Desktop Client may ask you to authorize access to the following permissions, depending on which features you are accessing in Zoom.
- Camera - sharing your video in a meeting or webinar
- Microphone - joining computer audio in a meeting or webinar
- Screen Recording (Mac OS 10.15 Catalina only) - sharing your screen in a meeting or webinar
- Files and Folders (Mac OS 10.15 Catalina only) - sharing and saving files from chat in a meeting or webinar, as well as recording locally to your computer.
- Accessibility - allowing remote control in a meeting
- Click the Apple logo at the top left corner of your screen.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom left corner of the Security & Privacy window.
- Enter your administrator username and password.
- Click Unlock.
- Click the permission that you need to change: Camera, Microphone, Screen Recording, Files and Folders or Accessibility.
- Click the checkbox next to zoom.us
- A window will appear asking you to restart the Zoom application.
- If you need to allow other permissions, click Later. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for any additional permissions you need to enable.
- Once you've allowed all necessary permissions, click Quit Now.
- Reopen Zoom and you should now have full access.
If you would like to test your settings, you can Join a test meeting here.