Creating A Google Meet Meeting URL (For Faculty & Staff)
Creating A Google Meet Meeting
To create a Google Meet Meeting for your class or meeting:
- Visit http://cal.bhmsny.org/
- Login with your BHMS email address and password if prompted.
- Click on the Create button
- When the details window pops up, click on More Options
- You are presented with the event entry screen. You can create a single meeting that will encompass all of your virtual class meetings (and have the same meeting id) or you can create a new meeting for each of your class meetings. It is suggested that you create a single meeting. These instructions follow that recommendation.
- Choose a title for your Meeting... enter it in the Add Title field. Suggestion: Spanish 7 or Science 7
- For the dates, enter April 1 as the start date and June 12 as the end date
- Mark the All Day checkbox
- Move down to the add conferencing section and click the down arrow
- Choose Hangouts Meet
- Click on the down arrow to reveal the Meeting ID, highlight the meeting URL and copy it. This will be the meeting URL for ALL of your online meetings.
- Scroll down to BUSY and change the selection to FREE
- Click save
You can email the meeting ID link to your students or their parents to alert them to a class meeting.
For Advanced Host Tools like recording your meeting, muting all participants, and presenting your screen, visit the Advanced Meeting Features for Google Meet and Zoom article.